GeoMedia® is a flexible and dynamic GIS package for creating, updating, managing and analyzing your valuable geospatial information. Generate and update vector layers. Perform dynamic spatial analysis and generate reports. Automatically create and update maps. Manage data and map production more efficiently.
GeoMedia gives you the freedom to spend less time trying to connect to your data so you can focus on what you want to achieve with it. GeoMedia is a leading GIS software choice among users who want to connect directly to the spatially- enabled databases they already use—such as Oracle, SQL Server, and PostGIS data server—without using importers or converters. Additionally, GeoMedia can access many common geospatial file formats, most computer-aided design (CAD) formats (MicroStation and AutoCAD), Esri’s ArcView and File GeoDatabase, KML, simple text files, and OGC web services such as WMS, WMTS, and WFS. GeoMedia also includes an ERDAS APOLLO catalog explorer to spatially search, find and display image data directly in the map window.
DATA VALIDATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
GeoMedia provides smart feature modeling capabilities that recognize the relationships between features representing real-world objects in a network, such as sewer, water, electric, or gas assets. By recognizing those relationships during the editing process, GeoMedia increases operator productivity and helps ensure that edits are consistent with real-world business rules so the network is always represented correctly within your GIS. It also provides temporal query and visualization capabilities that enable you to pinpoint network changes that have occurred over time and analyze the possible causes and real-world implications.
SOPHISTICATED, DYNAMIC ANALYSIS
GeoMedia gives you the power to perform sophisticated analysis to extract information from data stored in multiple databases on different platforms and a variety of different files, all at once. It also enables you to create queries of unlimited intricacy, creating and concatenating queries together so that the results of one query feed into another query dynamically.
As the data changes, GeoMedia updates the results for you automatically, giving you a living picture of the real-life situations portrayed by your data. This capability can also be used to conduct powerful “what-if” analyses for strategic planning.
While competing GIS platforms may allow the same type of analytical concatenation as GeoMedia, they rely on the creation of intermediate files to accomplish the same result. As one query is executed, the results are stored in a temporary file, and the data in that file is used for the following query. If the original data changes, the GIS cannot automatically reflect those changes in the results it gives you. With this static approach, you have to rerun the entire analysis to obtain results that reflect the current state of the data.
Main new features of the 2016 version:
- Solve geoprocessing challenges using analytical recipes – GeoMedia 2016 delivers Spatial Modeler for visually authoring simple to complex workflows using raster, image and feature operators. Many capabilities, some only available using GeoMedia or GeoMedia Image commands, can now be used within Spatial Modeler to process files, data or other information that previously required programming or building GeoMedia custom commands.
- New convenience with a new Explorer window lets you output your feature classes, queries, and categories into map or data windows.
- Overlay your GIS data with point cloud information in 3D – New Point Cloud processing for Asset Management means you can inspect and capture assets by overlaying GIS data with 3D views of terrestrial point cloud information.
- New warehouse types – PostGIS data server, and OGC Web Map Tile Service (WMTS) are supported.
- Make edits offline and post them back – New Offline Editing Workflow lets you output data from an Oracle or Oracle LTT enterprise warehouse to a portable offline database, perform editing offline, and then post the offline data back to the enterprise warehouse.
- Display labels faster – Dynamic labeling display performance is substantially improved.
- Windows 10 Pro is supported.
Other enhancements include:
- Visualize and analyze the 3D world – In GeoMedia 3D, you can use shadowing and viewshed analysis while accurately simulating real-world environmental conditions like rain, fog, and wind, query and measure point clouds, and use those highly accurate point clouds for data collection and correction in 3D.
- GeoMedia Transportation Manager is even easier to use with the introduction of the new Copy LRM Segments command and the addition of temporal filtering to the Display LRM command.
GeoMedia is available in three product tiers. These tiers enable you to acquire the functionality you need. It also allows you to more easily adjust the scope of the software to match your GIS management needs, analysis requirements, and budget.
Enables you to query and analyze a wide variety of geospatial data sources. It also includes IMAGINE Essentials, giving you the ability to do simple image preparation.
It has all the functionality of GeoMedia Essentials and is excellent for data collection and editing, processing and analyzing elevation and terrain data including LiDAR, and it includes data validation and sophisticated raster analysis tools. Four commands that were previously available only in the GeoMedia Professional tier are also now available in the GeoMedia Advantage tier: Insert Area by Face, Insert Interactive Area by Face, Dimensions, and Insert Dimensions.
It includes all of the features of the previous tiers and provides enterprise-wide, multi-user data management and analysis. Manage linear networks, produce professional cartographic maps, conduct advanced feature editing, manage parcel holdings, conduct utility network analysis, monitor and control changes, integrate data from multiple sources, design and use spatial models, and assure overall data quality with GeoMedia Professional.
For more information please contact us:
Sales Geospatial Engineer