The Leica DSW700 Digital Scanning Workstation is a photogrammetric scanner, capable of scanning aerial film, cut sheets or roll, black and white, color or false color, positive or negative, at a very high speed. The geometric and radiometric performances meet all photogrammetric requirements. The DSW700 includes several innovations, not only to achieve maximum speed but also to optimize radiometric performance.
Built on the successful design of the earlier DSW200/300/500/600 models, DSW700 is based on a heavy, precise mechanical construction with moving stage plate, and stationary digital camera withstate-of-the-art CCD sensor. The principal improvements over current scanner design include a novel ring light with LEDs of various colors, a high quality 11-megapixel sensor, and anti-reflective coatings on the stage and cover plates to combat Newton rings. A further innovation is the use of nextgeneration optical encoders to position the stage, resulting in increased geometric accuracy.
The Leica DSW700 Digital Scanning Workstation performs precision scanning of black and white, color or false color, cut or roll film negatives and diapositives at a very high speed, to provide the highest quality digital imagery for use in softcopy photogrammetric workstations. The system consists of the following principal components:
- Heavy mechanical construction, with stage plate mechanism, to support the motorized roll-film transport, moving in the X and Y directions below the stationary illumination source and above the lens and sensor
- Dome light source consisting of LEDs of different colors
- 12-bit CCD large-array sensor to capture the image patchwise
- Convenient change of optical pixel size throughout the full 3µm to 20µm continuous resolution range, so that scanning takes place at the pixel size required by the user, without any image resampling
- High performance PC host computer running Windows® XP Professional
- Comprehensive, flexible software to control all aspects of the scanning operation, facilitated by aneasy-to-use graphical user interface.