Leica DSW700V Digital
The World’s Fastest Precision Aerial Film Scanner
The Leica DSW700V Digital Scanning Workstation is a photogrammetric scanner, capable of scanning aerial film, cut sheets or roll, black and white, color or false color, positive or negative, at a very high speed. The geometric and radiometric performances meet all photogrammetric requirements. The DSW700V includes several innovations, while also continuing the best features of the original DSW700. One of these original features is anti-reflective coatings on the stage and cover plates to virtually eliminate Newton rings and optimize radiometric performance.
The DSW700V is built on the successful design of the earlier DSW200/300/500/600/700 models, based on a heavy, precise mechanical construction with moving stage plate, and stationary digital camera. The 700V adds the option of either a modern 29 Megapixel CCD or 50 Megapixel CMOS sensor. The principal improvements over previous scanner designs continue to capitalize on a diffuse light with LEDs of various colors, larger (29 or 50 megapixel) sensors and updated operator electronics to support faster scanning operation.
The Leica DSW700 Digital Scanning Workstation performs precision scanning of black and white, color or false color, cut or roll film negatives and diapositives at a very high speed, to provide the highest quality digital imagery for use in softcopy photogrammetric workstations. The system consists of the following principal components:
- Heavy mechanical construction, with stage plate mechanism, to support the motorized roll-film transport, moving in the X and Y directions below the stationary illumination source and above the lens and sensor
- Diffuse light source consisting of LEDs of different colors
- 12-bit CCD or CMOS large-array sensor to capture the image patchwise
- Convenient change of optical pixel size throughout the full 3µm to 12.5µm continuous resolution range, so that scanning takes place at the pixel size required by the user, without resampling
- High performance PC host computer running Windows® 10 Professional
DSW upgrade kit to newest DSW700V Model
Every DSW600 and DSW700 can be upgraded to latest DSW700V model including 50MP camera system and Ebox2 with new touch panel operation.
Performance improvements are guaranteed for all DSW600 and DSW700 legacy models. The components in these upgrade kits will minimize system specific variability in performance and push reliability to the highest level for the 700 model. Actual results are influenced by operator-selected optical pixel size, the choice of b/w or color output, workstation speed, stage maintenance and quality. Scan resolution can be set down to 3 microns with new DSW700V upgrades.
Here are typical scanning times for 9” (230 x 230 mm)
|B/W 12.5 μ 2000 DPI||50 sec.||40 sec.|
|Color 12.5 μ 2000 DPI||75 sec.||55 sec.|
|B/W 7 μ 3600 DPI||90 sec.||55 sec.|
|Color 7 μ 3600 DPI||150 sec.||65 sec.|
Customer care packages for aerial film scanner
Leica Geosystems priority hardware support for the DSW700V and photo scanner
This contract ensures priority support coverage, providing preventive maintenance visits by qualified technician and availability of spare parts for contract customers only.
Top-level hardware field support
Protect your film scanner investment with an annually renewable Leica Geosystems Customer Care Package. Skilled Leica Geosystems field service technicians can keep your film scanner running in peak form, which increases your revenue-producing throughput.
Standard Customer Care Package features
1. Planned routine maintenance inspections and full calibrations
2. On-call remedial services as required due to equipment malfunctions
3. Parts replacement as required, except for consumable or supply items